Thursday 27 April 2017

Week 2 - Route planner

The team is now been given full detail of the journey ahead of them. This week we discussed the route we will be taking, along with the length of stay at each location.

Team 2 Route
Negombo - Kilinochchi = 187miles / 8hours
Kilinochchi - Jaffna = 37miles / 1.5hours
Kilinochchi - Trincomalee = 108miles / 4hours
Trincomalee - Batticaloa = 82miles / 3hours
Batticaloa - Colombo = 200miles / 9hours














Teams thoughts after week 2

Julie: Excited and looking forward to the challenges ahead. Nervous about all the things that have to be planned and remembered but feeling supported in this friendly group.

Heather: Very excited and looking forward again to visiting Sri Lanka, a little apprehensive perhaps.

Dan: Excited to go back to Sri Lanka with a new Team. I am very impressed with everyone’s fund raising efforts. I must get something sorted. May be another walk.

Jen: Having discussed the trip in more detail, I am even more excited to get out to Sri Lanka.

Kamran:  Clear and encouraging.

James:  Very excited! Nervous about taking classes but excited as well.

Lorna:    I really want to go. The group are absolutely lovely. So I hope I can go.


Shahana: Excited but a bit nervous about getting organised and managing the heat out there. I enjoy being part of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment