Wednesday 15 February 2017

Meet the team


The team met for the first time on Thursday 9th February 2017. We all introduced ourselves and shared our excitement for the trip. It was a great first meeting and we think we are going to get on really well. Find out more about why the team have chosen to come on this adventure.

Julie



I am looking forward to find out more about Ocean Stars and the trip to Sri Lanka in October. I am especially interested in maintaining the link between Fleet Methodist Church and Ocean Stars, as well as supporting Dilanee. I am happy this trip will enhance my work and ministry with children and families.


James


I would like to give something back to those less fortunate tan myself and to see firsthand how Ocean Stars help the people in Sri Lanka. I also think it is a great experience to go on the trip and it will be good for me to go outside my comfort zone and do something I have never done before.

Jennie


I have been involved with OST for many years now and have always wanted to go on the trip. As a Trustee, my desire to go has deepened and I am keen to see the projects we support first hand and to have more input in the decisions we make as Trustees. I am also very excited to explore Sri Lanka and see what the country is like.

Lorna
Though I am not sure yet about the trip I know I want to go back and continue to support the pre schools and the Ocean Stars Team. I feel I can’t leave it after having such a wonderful and fulfilling time last year. It will be wonderful to see the teachers and all our friends again.

Heather


I am happy to be here and meet up with the others who are joining the OS trip in October and to talk about expectations and hopefully have some input.

Shahana



I am looking forward to being part of the Ocean Stars journey. I would like to get to know more about the trip and to help with planning and fund raising.

Daniel


I am looking forward to returning as a volunteer and revisiting the projects and meeting all the people I have met before.

No comments:

Post a Comment